We can help children with various difficulties to improve their Cognitive, Physical, and Motor skills and enhance their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment.
Areas treated by Rehana Paruk Occupational Therapy Durban are:
- Muscle tone problems
- Gross Motor skills: Running, jumping, hopping, skipping, galloping etc.
- Fine Motor skills:Pinches and grasps, penmanship (handwriting skills), colouring, drawing, cutting etc.
- Visual perceptual skills: These are the building blocks for scholastic skills such as reading, writing, spelling, mathematics and copying from a book or a blackboard. If there are problems in the foundations of these skills it is likely that the child will have difficulty in various scholastic skills.
- Concept development: Shape, colour, number, letter, laterality etc
- Basic handwriting skills: Letter formation, correcting reversals, improving sizing and spacing of letters etc
- Basic cognitive skills
- Attention, focus and concentration
- Basic auditory skills: Listening skills and following of instructions
Kids Who Might Need Occupational Therapy:
- Kids who have birth injuries or suffer from birth defects
- Kids experiencing sensory integration or sensory processing disorders
- Kids who experienced traumatic injuries (to the brain or spinal cord)
- Learning problems/learning difficulties
- Poor attention and concentration (ADD/ADHD)
- Low muscle tone (affecting school performance)
- Poor handwriting skills
- Autism spectrum disorders or pervasive developmental disorders
- Kids suffering from orthopedic injuries
- Kids presenting with developmental delays
- Post-surgical conditions
- Spina bifida
- Down’s Syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy